PHOTOWAKA GOLDEN PENNY PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2020
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Photowaka Africa Golden Penny Food Photography competition ( the Shoot your Shot ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by these terms.
- By entering the competition, you warrant to Photowaka Africa Development Initiatives that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. Photowaka reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
- All Entries must be received by made via our social media platforms Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and must be received between 1st of August to 15th of August. All entries must be submitted not later than 15th of August.
- The Competition is open to per sons aged 18 and above who are resident in Nigeria, and photographers based in Nigeria provided that they able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation.
- Photowaka shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Photowaka’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- Photowaka reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable l aw (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual proper ty of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to Photowaka disqualifying that person, without Photowaka being required to give any reason for such disqualification or gr anting any opportunity for challenge.
- Employees of Photowaka, their relatives, trustee members, boar d of director s, or any agents or employees are eligible to enter the Competition but are not eligible to win.
- Technical specifications for submitted photos
The photo(s) must be submitted as a high- resolution JPEG (as high as your camera will allow). If you do not have a camera of a high- quality please still submit y our photos. You
will still be eligible f or the cash prizes however if your entry makes it to the final 10 entries. The photo must not contain violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on
individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
- Photowaka accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries which are submitted in hard copy form as well as electronic form.
9.The entries will be subjected to a judging panel to be selected by Photowaka Africa, and all entries. will go through a selection phase with our panel of judges, these winners will be streamlined to a final 10 entries, which will further be scrutinized to top 3 winner s. Prize-winners will be selected and notified by 19th day of AUGUST, 2020 at the latest, by announcement on our social media platforms after a selection by the judges. The winning images will be selected by the Photowaka judges to feature in advertorials of our major sponsors Golden Penny, with one of these being crowned the overall winner and another two entries in the first runner up and second runner up respectively gr acing all our social media pages. All the runner ups will each receive food consolation prices courtesy of Golden Penny Foods. The top 3 winners will also receive cash prizes of 150,000, 100,000 and 50,000 respectively.
- Photowaka accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or del ay ed whether due to transmission errors, website mal function, computer error or otherwise Intellectual property rights and data protection.
- Entrants by their application in the competition agree that their winning pictures appear in Photowaka’s websites, as well as on the respective partner s’ blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other social medias.
- By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to Photowaka Africa a non-exclusive royalty -free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which Photowaka shall consider appropriate. You represent and warrant to Photowaka, with the intention that Photowaka shall rely on such representation and warranty , that each of your Entries is original , and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other per son or legal entity , to license to Photowaka the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to Photowaka in this paragraph 12 shall include your irrevocable permission to Photowaka to use, reproduce, publish, display , transmit, copy , amend, store, and sell (your image may appear on materials we sell e.g., cards, calendars, books etch) y our Entry worldwide for such purposes as Photowaka shall think fit without restriction.
- Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by Photowaka in accordance with data protection legislation in force in Lagos state and Nigeria.
- Al l Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name, and disclosure of their state of residence in connection with any Entry which is published in any form in any media.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), validity, termination or enforceability (including non- contractual disputes or cl aims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
- The Courts of Nigeria shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or cl aim arising out of or in connection with the Conditions or their subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims), but such matters shall first be submitted to arbitration by the par ties, in accordance to the arbitration and conciliation act 2004.